I thought an appropriate beginning to a blog would be about me. I've been secretly blogging under a name I grew up wishing was mine. Lately I was convicted by my strong hatred for people who say harsh things or boldly state their opinions, but remain anonymous. Then I realized that's kinda how my blog was, except I was just complaining about stressful situations or bragging about random exciting things going on in my life...all the while not wanting anyone that knew me to read it. Well I'm stepping out into the world of honesty, if you will. I'm owning up to my secret hopes, secret frustrations, and secret silly opinions about everyday occurances.
So who am I? I used to be a Herman...a very good strong name. One I was proud to put after my first. One that my dad carried and made worth holding onto. One that now my 3 brothers hang onto and shared with people worth sharing with. It was a good name, and I still say 'I'm a Herman...and I'm a Zahner". :) There is nothing wrong with being a Zahner, not in the least...I just had a problem giving up the Herman part, you'll learn why the more you learn about my family.
So what is At The End of the Alphabet. Me. My children. My family. My husband reminded me when I said yes to him, to his wonderful proposal in California, and to wear a ring I love, that I was also saying yes to putting my kids at the end of the line in school. I laughed and gladly accepted that, it seemed like a small price to pay for spending my life with him. But that is where we sit...at the end of the alphabet, not a good thing, not a bad thing...just a thing.
Also, my profile picture is my view of...well what used to be my feet. I thought this was funny, I'm not sure why it struck me so funny actually. I also don't have many pictures of myself recently...so this is what we get :)
I will cut this slightly short as naptime for my very energetic daughter is over, and for some reason me sitting here typing is not one of her favorite things for me to do.
Hopefully this blog can be a fun, light-hearted but opinionated picture of myself. Welcome to the real live, nothing secret about it, blog. (this is weird.)
I'm the first commenter! woo-hoo!!!
ReplyDeleteoooo this is so exciting! So glad to have you uncovered, blogging friend!
I totally know what you mean about the whole giving up the name thing. The other night I was asking Jim how he'd have felt if he had to lose his identity and become a Hartzler . . . he didn't feel bad for me :P