Monday, November 9, 2009

Ellen

(a random blog of opinion and observation from my perspective...no other...I speak only only for me)

For those of you who know me, probably even barely know me, you know that I have a very dear spot in my heart for the Ellen show. I've had people tell me that if I can watch her and not feel convicted then good...but it's not for them. I've had people join in my excitement going on an on about all our favorite Ellen moments, and then there are those who could care less.

Some might say that I'm obsessed with the Ellen show, and today I'll give you one reason why (even though I think obsessed is a bit over the top). I've been noticing someing specifically over the last two years of life. Who people say they are, and who people actually are. There are many christians who claim to be just that...a christian. Someone who follows Christ, to love Him, to love people, and to do His will. But then you really get to know them and you realize that they will simply tell you how much they love Him and love people, but they are some of the most selfish people you will ever meet. They say some of the harshest things and are downright mean and nasty. They lie and manipulate to cover their true feelings and to appear a certain way. (Please note, I don't think all christians are this way. I am a christian, I don't hate them, and I know I'm far from a perfect christian...I'm getting to my point, I promise)

Then there are people who don't believe in a god at all, or they believe that there is one and want nothing to do with Him. Somehow some of these people are some of the most kind-hearted, loving, & honest people I have ever met. They seem more like Christ than some christians. A friend of mine has a father that is not a christian and he is one of the most generous men I know. He's fun and his kids have no doubt in their minds that he loves them. He gives up much of his time and resources for them and to be with them. (Sounds a little like Christ to me).

I say all this not to judge christians, or non-christians or anyone in between, but to say that when it comes to Ellen...she is Ellen. It is an hour of my day where I can sit down and watch someone who is everything they say they are (I know..she's not perfect). Not only is she who she says she is, but what she says she is, or believes in- she says and does 100%. She believes in helping people and almost daily on her show helps random people she has never met by giving money, cars, scholarships, etc. She says she's a lesbian, and never does she try to cover up the fact that she has a wife, that she loves her wife, and that she sees nothing wrong with having a wife. Nor is she the opposite where she flaunts the fact that she is gay making people uncomfortable either. She's fine being gay, and she's fine with straight people. She says and does whatever and stands behind herself the whole way. So for one hour of my day I feel like I get to 'hang out' with someone who is real, totally unperfect, and hilarious and I feel no convictions about it.

For all you other Ellen lovers- gear up! It's Dough-Vember and there's $25,000 dollars just waiting for a homeviewer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment