Sunday, December 12, 2010

I think I'm simple.

While sitting at the computer tonight looking at many people, many opinions, many things....I found myself thinking that I'm a simple person.
I like snow in the winter. I like to be cold during Christmas season. check.
I like to be warm in the summer, to swim and little, and then I get bored. Time for the next season.... Ohio is good for me. check.
I like simple but elegant for things that should be, I get overwhelmed by the overwhelming. That seems fair.
I love time with family. I love time with friends. I love hosting, having people in my house. I love sitting on the couch when everyone goes home, after everything is cleaned, and putting my feet up. It's the best of both worlds, in one night.
I think the world of my kids, I like to talk about them....I'll tell you anything if you ask. However, I understand 'mom' stories, I have friends that we laugh and swap 'mom' stories, because that's what they are, and when we tell them we sound like those moms that used to, and still do, drive us nuts.
I like to get out, to get away from everyone. I like to get out, to be with everyone. It's a good place to be in life.
For Christmas, I asked for nothing. Not because there aren't things I want, but because there are so many it's hard to pick just one. I want things that make life more simple. Things to create with. Things that help me be Kristen. Things that aren't extravagant, some that are weird, and some that are probably not even a 'thing'.
Expensive things make me nervous. I'll probably break it. It's usually smarter than me. It's too complex.
I feel in the middle a lot- not here nor there. Sometimes I feel lost, sometimes I feel everywhere.
Thankfully, tonight, I'm in Ohio. Where there are lots of plans for snow and I could not.be.happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment