So many times I ask myself whether or not I should bite my tongue or let it all out...if you know me that well this might surprise you :) There have been so many things on the tip of my tongue lately, I've been doing a lot of 'tongue biting'...yesterday I felt like I was about to explode, literally. I thinkn that's what the beginning of a panic attack feels like. I'm so very frustrated with certain people and situations, but voicing my opinion would change nothing.
On top of that I feel like my life is very extreme (is that surprising to hear from a 'boring stay at home wife/mom'?)
Here's some of what's jumbled in my crazy brian that works hardly...
Being a mom:
It's so hard, it's so draining, it's so emotional, it's so very exhausting, it's so financially stressful, it's so 'no time for me', it's so 'I can't even pay a bill without being thrown up on'
BUT
It's such a blessing, it is so much fun, it's hilarious, it's a love you can't possibly describe, it's ornery lil stinkers that act (gritting teeth) just like their parents, it's watching her learn how to spin in circles without falling down...it's so wonderful.
Being a wife:
It's so frustrating to try to think like a man, or just understand one. It's so 'I should cook, clean, let him go running, not gripe when he's in the garage', I should make his favorite meal, I should sit and talk to him when I just want to gaze at a blank tv screen
BUT
It's so wonderful to have a helper, It's priceless he'll eat anything (including cereal for 3 straight meals), It's encouraging when he tells me I'm doing great, It's amazing when he says "go rest, do whatever you want", It's a blessing he works so hard, It's perfect when he tells me I 'look good' when I'm covered in barf, haven't showered, and wearing the same sweats and tank as I had on the day before.
Being a friend:
It's time consuming with some, It's 'I hate talking on the phone with my only free minute', It's some who have no idea what I'm going through (ironically), It's effort
BUT
It's the few who totally understand, It's family who turn into great friends, It's the phone call to say "I'd buy your kids" lol, It's a day out at the park, It's someone who laughs when they see me in the same clothes as the day before, it's an encouraging word at church, it's singing real loud in a car.
Duty calls.... :)
Feeling pretty emotional today....your blog made me tear up!
ReplyDelete