Thursday, March 11, 2010

When Life Isn't Fair....

...eat Chips Deluxe cookies by Keebler :) I've found it's better (& cheaper) than thearpy and it doesn't talk back with rubbish or unnecessary arguments like some people.

Now that I got that out: things have been crazy here lately. Viruses have made Ryse a clingy, whiney little girl, Derrick exhausted, myself overwhelmed, and Symira...well oblivious I guess :) Yesterday was a day full of crying: Ryse, Symira, & me. I laugh now because it seems silly to let them get under my skin so easily, but the lack of sleep can create an emotional monster.

To jump to a new topic, I pulled out my dads old cheerios shirt today, it's bright yellow, very worn to the point of being barely modest (which is more than okay when you stay home all day), says Cheerios on the front with a cute lil brown cheerio dotting the 'i', and has broken letters spelling Jim on the back. As I was brushing my hair and teeth infront of the mirror this morning I laughed at it and then (here comes the emotional monster) teared up.

Every now and again when Ryse does something absolutely ornery and hilarious I get the same feeling....dad would love to see this. When Symira rips one that can be heard anywhere in the room, he'd be so proud. I think dad would laugh the same laugh to see his daughter wearing such a pathetic shirt. I think he'd crack the same smile to see Ryse run around the corner in nothing but her saggy diaper exclaiming loudly something that's probably best not understood. I think he'd squint his eyes and make the same stinky face when Symira toots. It makes me sad that he's not here for this. It bums me out that he isn't here to pop in after a long day at work and catch such a messed up sight...he'd laugh. I'm almost sure of it. Then he'd try to encourage us by telling us stories about when we were little and more than likely refer to a story in the Bible where someone was faced with similar challanges.

This shirt was perfect for him: bright...clever...and comfortable. I've been blessed. I miss him today.

First row of Chips Deluxe cookies by Keebler almost gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment