I'm also learning there is heartache.
A minute ago I was painting furniture. Things are a little crazy right now, just because I got brilliant ideas to move the girls rooms all around and paint cheap old furniture to go for a look I'm not even sure I know what I'm striving for. I've decided to take on a few other projects, an online class that sits idle, while loving, mostly, the stages of a two year old and a three year old. So I was painting. Coffee. Pandora. Lots of furniture.
I stopped to read an e-mail. We are doing a series on dating with the high schoolers right now and they are free to write down and anonymously ask any questions. We've well covered the topic of sex, boundaries, respecting yourself and the opposite sex...
Reading down through the questions you have the few that answers are simple. And then the tears start rolling. I would feel like I'm betraying them to even give examples of some of the questions they are asking. Heartbreaking situations at home, school, work...everywhere they go.
I want to sit them down, one at a time, look them in the eye and hold their hands...
Eye to eye I want to say please, please see that you are worth protecting.
See that you are beautiful, handsome, strong, and exactly who God intended to create.
Please run from these things now so that when God blesses you with a marriage, you can enjoy it fully.
Doing dishes together.
Deep conversations.
Deep conversations.
Sweet hugs, little kisses.
Even sex.
Please keep yourself whole.
Your life unmarried will seem short as soon as you proclaim "I do!"
It will be more than worth it.
Don't hurt more than you have to.
Forgive. Yourself. People who have hurt you.
Take time to heal.
Take time to learn to worship.
Push your head high and shoulders back and know that you are royalty.
I see hearts that long for fathers. Hearts that long for healing. Hearts that just want noticed. Hurt. So much hurt.
God has been working. He is working so much right now. So many things the students are wanting to learn. Wanting to change. Wanting to trust.
When awesome things are happening Satan stirs. For those who worry about things that are going on not being the way they would do it, who are just not sure...please pray. Pray for hurting hearts. Pray for healing. Pray for protection. And then thank God that He is working. Thank God for being all powerful. For loving the fatherless. For comforting the hurt. For leading.
High school is a hard age...180 is full of brilliant, beautiful, mold-able hearts. The kids are so strong and God finds so much value in them. Don't be petty. It's discouraging. Be better than that- pray. Pray that God would break your heart for what breaks His...it'll work. And it'll hurt when it breaks....
great post!!
ReplyDelete