Friday, November 11, 2011

It's been awhile...

I'm babysitting: Maci is the sweetest little thing, fast asleep on my chest. Mia, going down for a late nap, is asleep upstairs, and me...decided I should update. It's been long overdue. 

I only have so long to update, there's Park Street Pizza on the way. One thing that never ceases to make me happy. 

I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't physically felt 100% for awhile so I decided to look into it. Sweet little nurse does blood work because my thyroid felt large, totally bruised the heck outta me. I lived. Had an ultrasound done on my thyroid that showed a small cyst. One doctor says to see a enda-chron-ologist and get more blood work. One doctor says it's a small cyst and the first set of blood work looked good so see no specialist and do no more blood work...just go back in 6 months for another ultrasound. Seriously- get on the same page. 

So I decided- rather to be safe than sorry? Trust doctor B and save a pretty penny? 

Secondly someone else in our family is having testing done and it's not looking pretty. It kinda puts my teeny lil cyst to shame actually. 

All the while we wait for baby Herman. He/she was much anticipated to come yesterday but the lungs weren't developed so there is a c-section scheduled for the 22nd. I was so wanting to hold a sweet lil baby in the midst of life right now, but I will wait. I'll keep praying for it. And when we get to hold him/her- it will be a million times worth it. 

On the other hand- we just had a missions conference at church. Now, for the last two years, I leave it praying 'okay I'll go, or I'll stay, but please make it reeeeaaallly really clear'. My question to Derrick was "does everyone sit in these messages thinking they are being called, or wondering if they are, or am I thinking that because we're being called and I'm to dumb to realize it?" I didn't get an answer. He just said I shouldn't wonder what everyone else is thinking. Ooooh boy, I guess I'll keep wondering but hiding it...haha. 

I love missions conferences, it puts life into perspective. Every where should be your field. And the coolest thing I learned and was reminded of was that missions starts here. now. And to be content with where God has you. Also when God shuts a door- not a bad thing. I'll have to dwell on that later. It was such a wonderful week. It's pizza time and I am so very hungry. 

Sorry this was random: I will try to get back into blogging again. I'll look for interesting topics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment