About two years ago I had a dream that I was working at an orphanage...it was really nice and it was all set in one room lined with beds. I got all the kids up and ready for school and handed them their lunches and saw them out the door. After they were gone I began making all the beds and one by one praying for them and their different situations. I was getting ready to go buy groceries for all these kids and then prepare food for them all. I will never forget this dream and I remember being disappointed when I woke up. I can't shake this- I have so much love and concern for orphans but have never been to an orphanage or had much experience with any of it. I've fallen in love with so many kids in the Dominican Republic...I just don't know what to do with the desire. What can you do with 2 kids, where is it safe to take them and where is it not. Some days I feel like selling everything and going...but where do you go?
I began by looking up orphanages in the US.....I also pray. Who knows. It could just lead to tithing with different intentions, it could lead to loving my kids more and praying for others, or it could get crazy. I guess I'm just using this to sort out my feelings (I really only know one person who reads this and I've talked to her about it already anyways :) hi kristi!)
That's all for now, just a brain full of confusion :P
Are you kidding me? You never TOLD me this. We need to talk.
ReplyDelete