and it makes sense to me.
Sometimes things just coincidently fall into my lap...
This is so cool to me.
Dream Big
I hope they get $50,000.
I was just thinking about Negative Nancy(s). You know the people who complain all.the.time. I have no problem with someone admitting something sucks, struggling with something, or just complaining. My problem comes when the complaining is more than a complaint. It's a lot of 'a complaint's. They are so.very. whiny.
They whine because they are lonely. They find someone. That someone isn't good enough.
They want to have children. They get pregnant. They complain, day in, day out. It's all they do. I'm okay with complaining, I had AWFUL pregnancies. But remember, God has blessed you with precious life. Be thankful. At least once.
The baby is born- they want sleep. They want independence.
They think they're fat. They work out. Their sore and tired...all over facebook.
They want out of the house. It's raining. They're wet.
They want money. It's not enough.
They want 'the car', it breaks down.
You get my drift- Negative Nancy complains no matter what.
(I feel like I need to specify complaining is not wrong, in my opinion, but when it never stops it's so.very.wearing on the world around you. You are hurting yourself by feeling sorry for you. I also feel like I need to specify there are things that are very normal to complain about, even ones listed above, especially some listed above- and I think those who know me well, know it's not them I'm talking about, I am not 'good friends' with Negative Nancy(s), I flee them)
I've recently been challenged on two things.
one. Confront sin. Love and care for the sinner. (hmmm...I think we can all put this on a sticky note on our mirrors)
two. Quit complaining. Intentionally look for someone who has it worse than me (believe me, this is possible for everyone reading here). Do something. Make a dinner. Make a phone call. Babysit a kid, or 3. Send an envelope with cash. $5 for a McDonald's pick me up. $100 for an electric bill. Chances are good we'll still eat next week.
What about the family from the above link- is $10 going to put you in the poor house? I thought "uh- I'd have to go get my debit card and put the info in and I never win and...." and, and, and I'll never meet these people. BUT, God brought them to my attention. Someone who is doing something great, and taking a risk, a $33,000 risk. If I'm not willing to risk, why not support a risk?
You can risk $10, at least.
Not because "Kristen gave a motivational speech" (not what I want this to be), but because you can take one step towards doing something good for someone, and for a few minutes, not thinking about how bad of state your bills are in, your house is in (who doesn't have 3 baskets of laundry at least to fold right now?), or how much time it would take.
Next- find someone else to help.
This is a message to me. It's my goal. It's who I want to be. I want to take risks for people, friends, strangers. I want to quit worrying about everyday things, one.step.at.a.time...
No comments:
Post a Comment